[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to install MATE or Gnome Desktop?

cretin1997 cretin1997 at protonmail.com
Tue Feb 16 03:38:36 UTC 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, February 15, 2021 6:34 PM, Jason Long <hack3rcon at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thank you so much.
> Why nobody fixed it and why VirtualBox doesn't have any "illumos" and "OpenIndiana" in its list?

When you type your VM name to have the string 'openindiana' it will automatically set the OS type to Solaris 10 or later 64 bit.

For Illumos, you have to choose Solaris 10 or later 64 bit as OS type and another important thing is enable Use host cache under Storage of VM Setting. Without it, the VM runs like a snail.

I don't know why it's not set by default. Other OSes just set Use host IO cache by default.