[OpenIndiana-discuss] RAIDZ issue

Thebest videos sri.chityala504 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 16:15:19 UTC 2021

we are able to achieve RAIDZ configuration in other way like , we are able
to create RAIDZ2 with 5 disks in vdev at initial. After reboot we are
adding disks to the existing pool as 2nd vdev with 5 disks and then reboot
again adding disks to the same pool as 3 vdev and so on....... the small
change we have in command is as below(giving labelname of disk with
/dev/gpt,  before we were giving disk name as ada0.....)
------before-------
zpool create datapool raidz2 ada0 ada1 ada2 ada3 ada4
-------after--------
zpool create datapool raidz2 /dev/gpt/disk0 /dev/gpt/disk1 /dev/gpt/disk2
/dev/gpt/disk3 /dev/gpt/disk4   #for the first time
then reboot
then we are adding disks to the pool in the existing pool with 5 disks.
This process is repeated for every reboot. to make these 15 disks part of
RAIDZ. But the problem , this is not our requirement we should create RAIDZ
with multiple vdev's in single commands instead of adding on reboot
zpool create datapool raidz2 /dev/gpt/disk0 ...............raidz2
/dev/gpt/disk4..............raidz2 /dev/gpt/disk9 ................. #this
way it should work
in short, we need create RAIDZ with all disks all at once

So any suggestion to achieve at once...!?