[OpenIndiana-discuss] export 2 pools from linux running zfs : import with OI

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Mon Feb 22 20:12:05 UTC 2021

On 02/22/21 06:02 PM, reader wrote:
> Stephan Althaus <Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu> writes:
>

> [...]
>
>> Have a look at "zpool get all" and "zfs get all".
>> If you create a new pool to be shared, use "zpool create -d " to
>> disable all of them.
> Is creation the only time the `-d' operator is usable.  I mean, for
> example, can the functionality be disabled just before export?
> Possibly making the pool more importable?
>
>> At any time after that you could enable features that are shared
>> amongst your OS Versions.
>>
>> I am using used a pool with debian and with OI on the same host.
> OK, good to hear but it does sound like it takes lots of close
> attention.
> thx

Once a feature is used, it can't be disabled anymore.
So in real world you can only disable a feature on a newly created empty
pool
"zpool set feature...="(see man page)   or if you just enabled a feature
seconds bofore.

"lots of close attention"
... the list of possible features is not *that* long,
but this is a very personal feeling ;-) ...

Greetings,
Stephan