[OpenIndiana-discuss] ALSA library/LibAsound for OpenIndiana?

cretin1997 cretin1997 at protonmail.com
Wed Feb 24 11:38:10 UTC 2021

Could you consider port this very essential library from Linux to OI? I know ALSA is Linuxism. But Linuxism has spread into many applications. Now ALSA library is a hard requirement for sound support on Unix-like platforms of some applications. They are first developed on Linux and as ALSA library has been ported to many other Unix-like OSes as well, they just set ALSA library as a hard requirement. Of course a skillful developer could patch the code to use the platform specific facility. But I'm not one of them and ALSA library is the last piece to be able to build the software on OI. Please help.

ALSA library is available on all BSDs. The only Unix-like OS doesn't have ALSA library is OpenIndiana/Illumos.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.