[OpenIndiana-discuss] RAIDZ issue

Thebest videos sri.chityala504 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 12:30:56 UTC 2021

> Hi Toomas,

I was trying to understand zpool spare functionality, so as part of that im
doing as below
I have 15 disks as 3 vdevs(5 disks in each vdev) and 2 disks as spare. so i
removed one disk which is part of one of the vdev from datapool and trying
to write the data. then im replacing the same disk to check auto
replacement functionality(already enabled autoreplace) from spare disks.
but auto replace is not working. and i got checksum as 1 (screenshot
attached). then tried manual replacement with one spare disk.
questions:
1. why auto replacement doesnt work even after enabling the autoreplace=on
in zpool
2. why checksum is 1 on removed disk. i mean how to make checksum zero. or
can i ignore ? or can i use zpool clear(what it does exactly)?
3. after manual replacement why replaced disk(disk15) and old disk(disk14)
under spare-4.why there is confusing  with old disk and replaced disk.
please let me know. i tried from google but i didnt get clarity.