[OpenIndiana-discuss] Merging OI + OmniOS? (And OpenZFS vs ZFS)

Kalle Anka knatte_fnatte_tjatte at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 7 14:02:37 UTC 2021

Well spoken,, Gea! I am in favour of consolidating the OpenSolarish community. If merging would reinvogarate interest and momentum, it can be worth it. And you guys have been discussing this merging for ages, it is your old idea taken up again. It seems that several of you think this is the only way forward, in the long run. This is what we want to do. Base a desktop package ontop OmniOS stable (or LTS). I am interested in helping such an effort.
Some people say yay, some say nay. Should we create a poll, to see how large the interest is?