[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to remaster the OpenIndiana's usb/iso image?

Till Wegmueller toasterson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 12:48:49 UTC 2021

We use distro constructor to build our images. But It's definitely not
easy to use.

BTW what do you want to accomplish? It sounds like that you try to make
OI confine to a workflow that you are used to which does not exist here.
Have you tried using exising workflows from OI first to get yourself
familiar?

Do you need a system to compile things and throw awaY? Have a look into
zones and vagrant. We even have scripts in oi-userland to use zones for
clean builds. And officially supported vagrant images. including a
vagrantfile in oi-userland so you can just type "vagrant up" in the repo
root and it gets you a complete environment to compile and package
software. No need to reinvent the wheel here.

-Till