[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to dump a snapshot of the running system into iso image?

Till Wegmueller toasterson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 13:01:02 UTC 2021

That is not possible as the live systems do not use ZFS for root.

If you want a more reusable image based approach for clean builds have a
look at running zadm or zcage[0] in a VM.

Don't go for live systems, that going to be almost an own distro and not
supported.

If you need deep technical help for any of your tinkering that is ok,
there is usually some people around that can help. But be aware that
those things will only stay that. Tinkerings for fun. If However there
is a bigger goal. Like making clean build environments or something like
that, ask here how that could be accomplished and as a community we can
tell you how we did it and then you can use the already existing
workflows and tools we have.

-Till

[0] https://github.com/cneira/zcage