[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to get && load Intel drm kernel drivers?

Chris oidev at bsdos.info
Tue Jan 12 02:41:57 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-11 18:04, John D Groenveld wrote:
> In message <7f83dfa0b497d3c92eb00cc25a0610fc at bsdos.info>, Chris writes:
>> OK I installed every intel graphics package I could find. But Nvidia is
>> still
>> what Xorg thinks is attached to:
>> PCI:*(0:0:2:0) 8086:0166:17aa:5018 rev 9, Mem @ 0xf0000000/4194304,
>> 0xe0000000/268435456, I/O @ 0x00005000/64
>
> Copy the xorg.conf generated by your Xorg -configure to /etc/X11
> Change the Driver to intel for the Device section for the 0:2:0
> BusID.
Brilliant advice. Thank you John.
In desperation I tried that just after posting.
( Xorg -config /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/driver-intel.conf -retro )
driver-intel.conf:

Section "Device"
     Identifier      "Card0"
     Driver          "intel"
     BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

While I got an X screen. I got no mouse/kbd. So I was unable to CTRL+ALT+F1
or CTRL+ALT+BKSP to the opening console so I could send a ^C.
*but* it appears I'm at least on my way to a working X. :-)
Thank you very much, John for taking the time to reply! :-)

--Chris

--
~40yrs of UNIX and counting