[OpenIndiana-discuss] Microphone and pulseaudio

Tony Brian Albers tba at kb.dk
Tue Jan 12 15:33:31 UTC 2021

On 01/12/21 04:21 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 4:17 PM Udo Grabowski (IMK) <udo.grabowski at kit.edu>
> wrote:
>

>> On 12.01.21 16:10, Tony Brian Albers wrote:
>>> I'm having issues getting an analogue (using a 3,5mm jack connector)
>>> microphone to work properly.
>>>
>>> It shows up in the mate-volume-control window, but even when it's at
>>> 100% volume, there's no sound level indication. The mic works, because
>>> when I test it with
>>> $ cat </dev/audio >>/tmp/foo.au
>>> $ cat /tmp/foo.au >>/dev/audio
>>>
>>> I can hear the words I say, but it's awfully low and the noise level is
>>> normal. The words are only just audible.
>>

> Check the volume with audioctl, it defaults to 75%.
>

>>> Is there a way that I can use something like mic boost? I've been
>>> rummaging around in pulseaudio(pacmd etc.) all day now, but I can't find
>>> anything that's not set to a 100% volume with regards to the microphone.
>>>
>>> Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.
>>
>> Maybe it's not switched on in the mixer ?

No luck:

tba at emu:~/temp$ audioctl show-control
CONTROL                  VALUE
volume                   100
center                   75
lfe                      75
surround                 75:75
rear                     75:75
mic                      50:50
line-in                  50:50
front                    75:75
headphones               75:75
loopback                 off
record-source            mic
tba at emu:~/temp$

/tony

--
Tony Albers - Systems Architect - IT Development Royal Danish Library,
Victor Albecks Vej 1, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark