[OpenIndiana-discuss] boot problems: KPTI enabled (PCID in use, INVPCID not supported)

Chris oidev at bsdos.info
Tue Jan 12 22:34:05 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-12 13:14, Tim Mooney via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> In regard to: [OpenIndiana-discuss] boot problems: KPTI enabled (PCID in...:
>
>> OK I've been attempting to install the MATE desktop. I
>> used pkg install mate_install. Which (seemingly) gave me
>> everything I required. I created
>> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/driver-intel.conf with everything
>> required to get X to find the card. X starts, and Xorg.0.log
>> seems to indicate everything is recognized.
>
> The mate_install bundle should have pulled in
>
> 	system/display-manager/lightdm
>
> Try enabling that service and rebooting:
>
> 	$ svcs -a | egrep -i light
> 	online         Oct_28
> 	svc:/application/graphical-login/lightdm:default
I sent a:
sudo svcadm enable lightdm

a reboot, and a look at the /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log indicated
keyboard input was taken. But as I can't see anything on screen
(the screen flashes indicating graphics mode/xorg started). I'm
afraid what I *really* need is to discover why nothing (the DE/
greeter) aren't written to the screen.
No hints of a problem in /var/Xorg.0.log. :-(

> PS: this question isn't about development, so including oi-dev isn't
> really appropriate.
Sorry. I'll keep the conversation in IO-discuss.

Thank you for the reply.

> Tim
--Chris