[OpenIndiana-discuss] boot problems: KPTI enabled (PCID in use, INVPCID not supported)

Chris oidev at bsdos.info
Wed Jan 13 00:22:31 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-12 15:00, Tim Mooney via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] boot problems: KPTI enabled
> (PCID...:
>
>>> The mate_install bundle should have pulled in
>>>
>>> 	system/display-manager/lightdm
>
> Do you have any other lightdm-related packages installed?  It's likely
> not important for this issue, but I'm just trying to determine how closely
> your config matches mine.
>
>>> Try enabling that service and rebooting:
>>>
>>> 	$ svcs -a | egrep -i light
>>> 	online         Oct_28
>>> 	svc:/application/graphical-login/lightdm:default
>> I sent a:
>> sudo svcadm enable lightdm
>>
>> a reboot, and a look at the /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log indicated
>> keyboard input was taken.
>
> Ok.  If you do something like
>
> 	ps -ef | egrep -i lightdm
>
> what all shows up as running?  Again, I'm just trying to determine how
> closely your system matches mine.
>
> Are there other log files created in /var/log/lightdm ?  For example,
> x-0.log or seat0-greeter.log ?
--- x-0.log ---------------------------
X.Org X Server 1.19.7
Release Date: 2019-03-02
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: SunOS 5.11 i86pc
Current Operating System: SunOS OIlaptop 5.11 illumos-06524cf4e4 i86pc
Build Date: 24 September 2020  02:36:42PM
Solaris ABI: 64-bit
Current version of pixman: 0.38.0
	Before reporting problems, check http://openindiana.org
	(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Tue Jan 12 15:51:46 2021
(==) Using config directory: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d"
(==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning:          Multiple names for keycode 155
>                   Using <I150>, ignoring <I1B>
> Warning:          Multiple names for keycode 160
>                   Using <I160>, ignoring <I20>
> Warning:          Multiple names for keycode 235
>                   Using <I235>, ignoring <I6B>
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <KPDV> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <KPMU> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <KPSU> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <KPAD> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <FK01> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <FK02> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <FK03> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <FK04> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <FK05> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <FK06> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <FK07> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <FK08> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <FK09> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <FK10> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <FK11> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <FK12> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Error:            Meta_L added to symbol map for multiple modifiers
>                   Using Mod4, ignoring Mod1.
> Error:            Meta_R added to symbol map for multiple modifiers
>                   Using Mod4, ignoring Mod1.
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
(II) Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.

---- seat0-greeter.log ------------------------------------------
** (process:1229): WARNING **: 15:52:05.300: Error getting XDG_RUNTIME_DIR
from ConsoleKit: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method
"GetXDGRuntimeDir" with signature "" on interface
"org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Session" doesn't exist

** Message: 15:52:05.523: Starting lightdm-gtk-greeter 2.0.7 (Mar 29 2020,
16:40:34)
** Message: 15:52:05.543: [Configuration] Reading file:
/etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf

>> But as I can't see anything on screen
>> (the screen flashes indicating graphics mode/xorg started). I'm
>> afraid what I *really* need is to discover why nothing (the DE/
>> greeter) aren't written to the screen.
>> No hints of a problem in /var/Xorg.0.log. :-(
>
> It's been a long time since I've had to debug anything with lightdm,
> so I'm afraid I don't have any magic suggestions.  I would probably look
> at the documentation for lightdm.conf and see if there's a switch
> that increases log verbosity for the process.
>
> Tim
--Chris