[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster install on Lenovo P61

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Wed Jan 13 19:40:59 UTC 2021

Hello!

I tried a P51 some time ago. It had a "optimus" called constellation
between the intel and the nvidia graphics.
If you have this, i doubt you have a chance to get nvidia graphics to work.

If you have very dedicated hardware paths for each graphic controller,
you must be able to completely disable the intel graphics.
On my DELL Precision 7720 i am able to do it this way.

Have a close look into your BIOS settings.

For recent NVidia drivers have a look at
https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Nvidia+Graphics
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/unix/solaris-display-archive/

Greetings,
Stephan