[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to get && load Intel drm kernel drivers?

Chris oidev at bsdos.info
Wed Jan 13 22:52:13 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-13 12:49, John D Groenveld wrote:
> In message <c999446aac82e8db2478a9cec4b904ac at bsdos.info>, Chris writes:
>> Thank you *very* much for all your time, and help, John!

Thank you for the reply! :-)
> Is i915 loaded?
> # modinfo |grep i915

# modinfo | grep i915
94  fffffffff7cd4000  72920  93  1  i915  (I915 DRM driver)

I think that's a yes. ;-)

I'm thinking intel (at least my version) isn't well suited for OI.
This was my first (and probably last) attempt with OI on intel.
All my other OI installs are on AMD. I'm think of getting a
threadripper. Hows OI on it. Should I use (AMD) radeon, or
simply get an Nvidia card to go with it? I mention Nvidia because
all my other AMD/OI installs had Nvidia available, and OI seems
to like them.

Thanks again!

--Chris