[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to get && load Intel drm kernel drivers?

Chris oidev at bsdos.info
Wed Jan 13 23:34:40 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-13 15:05, Till Wegmueller wrote:
> Hi
>
> Have a look at https://kebe.com/blog/?p=502 for the Hardware run by some of
> the
> Advocates. That will be supported :)
Ahh. So Threadrippers appear to be a go! OTOH the Threadripper 2950X @
16/32 cores/threads (the smaller of them) has the lowest TDP @ 180W.
The 64/128, and the others weigh in @ 280W. With that kind of wattage.
I can remove the heating system in the office, or house. ;-)
The 3700X mentioned in your link looks a little easier on the power
bill. :-) Probably performs comparable too. I'll need to investigate
further.

> And use nvidia for now. We don't have an AMD GPU driver.
Not surprised, and that's fine by me. :-)

Thanks for the insight, Till!

--Chris