[OpenIndiana-discuss] This is for someone said we had desktop/wine for ages

Hung Nguyen Gia gh_origin at zohomail.com
Thu Jan 14 02:02:12 UTC 2021

He just recall from his memory without any fact checks!

Then others come in and 'agreed' with him, my very real concern being pissed off!

http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/en/search.shtml?token=wine&action=Search

http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-encumbered/en/search.shtml?action=Search&token=wine&failed=1

There is even people said just use LibreOffice.

No, man. If the people I mentioned could use LibreOffice, they would rather just use it on Windows!

Microsoft Office is still the de facto standard.

We really really need Wine. Even a shaky version like of Tribblix is better than nothing.

Just to be more clear, Tribblix has Wine 4.0, and as I recall sfw Wine is just 1.9.5, if I'm not wrong.

Otherwise, people will come in and post misleading info without even fact check it!