[OpenIndiana-discuss] local pkg repo error

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Thu Jan 14 20:28:51 UTC 2021

Am 14.01.21 21:08 schrieb Pierfrancesco Caci  <ik5pvx at gmail.com>:

> The "rebuild" did the trick, but how do I specify to pkg to install the
> version from my repo instead of the official one? The version is the same
>

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 8:39 PM Aurélien Larcher <aurelien.larcher at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > You can even
> >
> > pkgrepo -s /path/to/repo list
> >
> > to make sure it was published where you think it was.
> >
> > On Thu, 14 Jan 2021, 8:10 pm Aurélien Larcher, <aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > You can try to:
> > >
> > > pkgrepo -s /path/to/repo rebuild
> > >
> > > to update the repo index.

> > > repo.
> > > when
> > error:

> > times)

its normal, search do not work on file repositories, only on pkg server.

> > > --
> > > ---
> > > Praise the Caffeine embeddings

> --
>  Pierfrancesco Caci, ik5pvx

you shoud set up your publisher in this kind:
builder at oi-dev:/code/github/openindiana/oi-userland/components/developer/rust$ pkg publisher
PUBLISHER TYPE STATUS P LOCATION
userland origin online F file:///code/github/openindiana/oi-userland/i386/repo/
openindiana.org (non-sticky) origin online T http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/

the order is important an can set with the --search-before option of 'pkg set-publisher'.
if you create a newer version you can fail on the userland-incorporation package which define the versions of packages if they installed. Than you have to unlock the version locking of userland-incorporation whith
$ sudo pkg change-facet <the facet>
which is the facet you have to unlock can you check whith
$ pkg contents -m userland-incorporation | grep <your package name>

--
Carsten