[OpenIndiana-discuss] The bug is still present

Hung Nguyen Gia gh_origin at zohomail.com
Tue Jan 19 17:11:36 UTC 2021

Not only pluma. Graphical applications (especially GTK3 based), crashing very easily.

Not to mention the gnome keyring app that always crashed and core dumped. I have Mate terminal crashed for me, too.

But gnome keyring is trivial. As it crashed all they way for me on systems other than Linux (the BSDs, to be clear).

I never had the terminal emulator, Mate terminal or similar things, crashed for me on those system, though. Only on OI.

Graphical applications are highly unstable on OI.

Everything is very easy to crash and I have no idea why.

The only piece of graphical software that most stable on OI is, Geany and ... Pale Moon.

Please note that Geany is build with GTK2, though, at least the version I got from OI's repo.

The Pale Moon I said is build with GTK2, too. The GTK3 Pale Moon I already have, but not used it much so I don't know if it's as stable as the GTK2 version or not.

I have to remove the OI disk from my system before I could do something more with the GTK3 Pale Moon other than loading some simple mostly text pages.

---- On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 23:54:46 +0700 Hung Nguyen Gia via openindiana-discuss <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote ----