[OpenIndiana-discuss] Shell to use?

Judah Richardson judahrichardson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 18:47:01 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 12:40 PM Araragi Hokuto <araragihokuto at outlook.com>
wrote:

>  From my experience, the shell's performance hardly makes large
> difference,

Same here. I use Bash (OI + 3 Linux distros) and tcsh (FreeBSD only) and am
a former Fish (GhostBSD) and zsh (Project Trident) user. OI does appear to
be slower on some tasks, but I would attribute that to available manpower
to optimize and test (often ported) code, not to the shell.

because the shell itself is *not* that different (that is,