[OpenIndiana-discuss] Shell to use?

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Tue Jan 19 21:11:54 UTC 2021

On OI (and Solaris 11.4), nscd caches auth_attr, user_attr, prof_attr, and exec_attr (and of course passwd, group, and project); so I'm not sure what could be done to speed up RBAC. However, policy.conf is NOT cached (and has lots of CDDL etc comments in it); per policy.conf(4) it's read by chkauthattr(3SECDB) and getexecuser(3SECDB).

OTOH, unless one is using one of the pf*sh shells or pfexec(1), I don't see how RBAC is part of the problem anyway.