[OpenIndiana-discuss] When will AMD XIII CPUs be supported

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 11:31:40 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 7:45 AM Hung Nguyen Gia via openindiana-discuss <
openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:

> Well well. Except sometimes it's stuck for eternity.
>
> https://www.illumos.org/issues/12963
>
> The only solution is to cold reset. It corrupted the disk.
> The only way to reuse this disk is from another system using dd
> if=/dev/zero to zero fill it.
> Even if it's SSD, it took almost an hour to complete.
>
> Now see the problem?
>
> This is another reason no one uses your system.
> Deployment speed is a very important factor the production.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> BTW, you see? No one cares about the issue I reported. Not even a single
> comment to indicate that they do care!
>
> People here always said that I have disrespected them.
>
> BS! Pure BS! See who being disrespected?
>
> They treat me like nothing!
>
> Don't ever talk about disrespect or something like that with me.
>
> Otherwise we can't have a respectful conversation.

Hello,
can we please keep the discussion focused on solving the problem rather
than finger pointing?

I'd like to ask you to stop disrupting threads the way you have done in the
past week.
There is a lot of work to do here and limited manpower, we need all the
positive energy possible to keep sailing :)
Do not interpret lack of reply to your tickets as disrespect or contempt:
we are all volunteers here, contributing in our spare time to help each
other.
Joshua replied to you in a very inspiring way, I hope his message was
understood.

However if you can't exchange with people in a courteous manner I'll have
to keep you out of the mailing list for some time.
Please know that this is something I'd like to avoid as you have been
otherwise dynamic and engaging: raising issues is appreciated and
discussing problems is encouraged.

We can all be frustrated with different limitations and bugs: the way to go
is to stay positive and address problems one by one the best we can and as
time permits.

Kind regards,

Aurélien

> ---- On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 13:07:28 +0700 Stephan Althaus
> <Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu> wrote ----
>
>  >
>  > Personally i don't care much about install time. Really!
>  >
>  > Greetings,
>  >
>  > Stephan