[OpenIndiana-discuss] A mailing list for Tribblix

Hung Nguyen Gia gh_origin at zohomail.com
Sun Jan 24 02:39:30 UTC 2021

Currently, to be able to have support, users have to contact you via email directly.

But most of them don't know about this. Some of them even posted on the OI discuss mail list, in hope of you could see it.

Google Group don't have to be active. I have seen very low activity groups. But the people behind that group don't even consider to delete it.

They key point is users need some place to discuss and receive supports.

A google group make it easier for both you and the users.

Your mailbox will me more ordered, of course.

Yes, there is a generic place for Illumos: illumos topicbox.

But as I told you many times, this place is not easy to use.

I have sent request to join a couple of times, but no one care.

This place is just for watching other people's discussion.

They don't care about new users.

So each Illumos distros have their own mail list because of that.

I have said everything I could.

Hope you could consider it.

gh

---- On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 21:44:17 +0700 Peter Tribble <peter.tribble at gmail.com> wrote ----