[OpenIndiana-discuss] What's HASWELL support like on OI?

Chris oidev at bsdos.info
Fri Jan 29 17:03:21 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-29 08:45, John D Groenveld wrote:
> In message <91ecf33c60c1c9dcca392709ecd013ee at bsdos.info>, Chris writes:
>> Thanks! I don't have any of that here. This sort of thing is
>> controlled by /etc/ttys on FreeBSD. I'm not sure what the equivalent
>> is on OI. Will have to look around and see what I can find.
>
> <URL:https://wiki.openindiana.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=30802326>
Thanks! :-)

>> Seems odd to me your listing above isn't initiated by default.
>
> I rarely use virtual terminals on my *BSD and Linux machines
> but I don't disable them.
>
> BTW besides porting the enhancements of FreeBSD's ath(4) to ath(7D),
> what's your intention for this OI machine?
First off. To make something I can develop (OI) on.
In a wider scope; cure what ails it (perceived). IOW I'd really like
to get on board with OI as my go-to OS. But it (currently) lacks man
power and resources. I'd like help overcome th(at|ose) obstical(s).
I'm looking to create an additional install against both Xfce &&
Cinnamon. But before that I see some things that I've become accustomed
to aren't working as I would expect. So I'll need to address them first.
fe; a directory listing of /usr/include takes some 20 seconds. All
screen draws stutter like the first black-and-white films. Something
appears to be broken. Other things may just be a lack of fully
understanding on my part -- like the multiple consoles.
In any event. I'd just like to "pitch in", and either fix or add
to OI. :-)

Thanks for your reply, John!

> John
> groenveld at acm.org
--Chris

--
~10yrs a FreeBSD maintainer of ~160 ports
~40yrs of UNIX