[OpenIndiana-discuss] A rant

Jedi Tek’Unum jeditekunum at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 18:31:52 UTC 2021

> On Jan 29, 2021, at 3:08 PM, Judah Richardson <judahrichardson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 2:46 PM Jedi Tek’Unum <jeditekunum at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I thank the universe every day that I no longer have to polish turds that
>> day.
>>
> Observe, adapt, conquer.

I’ve been retired from the war efforts for awhile now and that gives me some perspective beyond the ongoing PTSD.

There has been no “conquer” beyond solving a particular problem for the day. The bigger picture is an utter disaster with NO plausible way out.

There is a rather large economy, increasingly in less and less capable distant corners of the world, where many toil sticking fingers in a dam. At best we are all struggling to stay half way up the slurry river.

The long term economic, cultural, and social costs are only getting worse.

I have zero expectation that things will change.