[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana as a server.

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Sat Jan 30 19:15:09 UTC 2021

In regard to: [OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana as a server., Jason Long...:

> Hello,
> Can I use OpenIndiana as an Apache or Nginx server or it just for Desktop PC?

Yes, you absolutely can.

The desktop and GUI components of OI get a lot of attention on this
mailing list, for various reasons, but if you have reason to want a
web server in the Solaris lineage, OI can certainly be used for that.

I will say that right now the OI-provided PHP package is a bit behind
(I think it's still 7.1.x), so if that's something you care about,
bring it up on this mailing list.  Either myself or someone else could
probably get it bumped to 7.3 or 7.4 if there's enough interest.

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)