[OpenIndiana-discuss] Update boot environment - VirtualBox now causes reboot

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Mon Jul 5 12:23:22 UTC 2021

On 7/5/21 1:33 PM, Andy Fiddaman wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Jul 2021, Andreas Wacknitz wrote:
>
> ; I can increment the COMPONENT_REVISION in order to rebuild the package.
> ; But I am not sure this is really the cause of the problems
> ; as it rebuilds without needing a patch (which was necessary for kvm).
> ;
> ; Andreas
>
> Here's a link to the patch that we are currently testing for OmniOS
> https://github.com/omniosorg/omnios-extra/pull/917
>
> Regards,
>
> Andy

Thanks for the link!

Adopting and applying those patches does indeed help, there is no reboot
anymore,
the vm starts and works as expected..

my test package is available here (testing only - no guarantees for
whatever! )

#pkg set-publisher -g http://duedinghausen.eu:10000 userland

#pkg update
pkg://userland/system/virtualbox@6.1.22,5.11-2020.0.1.0:20210705T130044Z