[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing a new Openindiana via usb

Toomas Soome tsoome at me.com
Wed Jul 7 08:02:01 UTC 2021

> On 7. Jul 2021, at 10:53, david allan finch <david.allan at finch.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have not installed openindiana on real hardware for sometime, done it lots of times via a iso on virtualbox.
>
> I copied the latest usb image with Win32DiskImager on to a usb thumbdrive.
>
> When it boot I get:
>
> list of c: ... and disk-x
>
> illumos/x86 boot
> Can't find disk-1:/boot/loader
>
> I have tried disk-0:/boot/loader etc and it still does nothing. Can some one point me to what I am doing wrong?
>
> TIA

disk-1: is error about boot loader stage 1 being unable to identify the boot disk (partition read failure or filesystem read failure or disk read failure - but then you should see additional error messages).

usb image does have GPT partition table, you could try to enter: status and see what device names will be printed.

rgds,
toomas