[OpenIndiana-discuss] automount does not work!

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Sun Jun 20 01:56:39 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 06:59:34PM +0000, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:

> Well if your machine has a DVD drive you will notice that DVDs/CDs
> are automounted.  This probably means that something is wrong with
> the part that mounts USB thumb sticks.

Yes, I just tried that.  A DVD is indeed automounted.

As far as I can tell, hal does not notice changes since boot in any
USB devices.  It must be something in hal that is missing or changed.

I've ruled out the nvidia driver or the modesetting driver.  X11 is
still involved somehow.  Restarting the display manager does allow
you to recover a USB keyboard if you happen to change it.  Of course,
doing that is just about as drastic as rebooting.