[OpenIndiana-discuss] More 2021.04.30 strangeness

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 20:17:57 UTC 2021

FYI  I wrapped both caja and mate-session with "truss -f -o". Neither output contains the "Initializing gksu extensions" string.  I have created OI issue #13895 to provide a place for a subset of the  truss output between consecutive excve()s of caja.  Total output before I could kill the session was 56 MB.  The segment posted to the bug tracker starts at the first execve("/usr/bin/caja"... at line 239933 of the truss output.

The string written to .xsession-errors is contained in /usr/lib/amd64/caja/extensions-2.0/libcaja-gksu.so.

At this point, the only means I can think of to find the source of the message is to run ldd(1) across all the executables and grep out anything that links libcaja-gksu.so.

Reg