[OpenIndiana-discuss] More 2021.04.30 strangeness

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 22:07:46 UTC 2021

 I do not find either of those.

What is the full path for the files you cited?

 /usr/bin/gksu and /usr/bin/gksudo are present. It turns out that both of those are looking for libgksu2.so.0 which does not exist in my installation of 2021.04.30.

I did not get as many link libraries listed with "dump -Lv" as I did with ldd.

Nonetheless *something* is invoking libgksu.so to generate the "Initializing gksu extensions..." message in .xsession-errors.

At this point I think test installs are needed to verify that the F5 option install to an existing pool isn't expecting some things to have been done which I have not done. I tried reading the installer source and it was rather opaque because of the use of various modules/packages (whatever python calls them). Too much "magic".

Reg