[OpenIndiana-discuss] System panic after update

Joshua M. Clulow josh at sysmgr.org
Tue Jun 29 02:51:43 UTC 2021

On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 at 06:47, Sven Schmeling
<sven.schmeling at schmeling-ol.de> wrote:
> after updating our Repo-server to 2021-06-24 / 12:17:43 one of our
> server (Sun Fire X4270 M2) crashed on friday and today (after applying
> the updates on friday).
>
>  > ::stack
> fpxrestore+2()
> kernel_fpu_ctx_restore+0x13(0)
> restorectx+0x3d(fffffe0117d23c20)
>
> i will open an issue

I suspect this is a result of the following bug:

    13902 Fix for 13717 may break 8-disk raidz2
        https://www.illumos.org/issues/13902

As a result of that bug, which is not yet fixed, we have put a
workaround in place to stop the panics:

    13908 disable kernel FPU by default until it is stable
        https://www.illumos.org/issues/13908
        https://code.illumos.org/c/illumos-gate/+/1573

You'll want to make sure you upgrade your system so that it includes
this workaround.

Cheers.

--
Joshua M. Clulow