[OpenIndiana-discuss] [oi-dev] Hipster 2020.10 text installer ISO Wow!!!!

cretin1997 cretin1997 at protonmail.com
Tue Mar 2 11:08:45 UTC 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 3:35 PM, Toomas Soome via openindiana-discuss <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:

> Yes, the code of format command is mess (I have been in it more than I would like to;), also we would need better tooling to handle disk partitioning, allowing easy scripting etc, something like freebsd gpart has been in my mind for a long time, but I haven't had time to think about it more…
>
> rgds,
> toomas

Too bad FreeBSD's gpart seemed to depend on FreeBSD's GEOM framework. Porting it from FreeBSD seemed to not easy. Luckily, we have a snapshot of FreeBSD before they switched to GEOM, DragonflyBSD. Do you think DragonflyBSD's gpt tool is easier to port, sir?

https://man.dragonflybsd.org/?command=gpt&section=8