[OpenIndiana-discuss] Tribblix and Pale Moon

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 13:39:25 UTC 2021

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 11:31 AM cretin1997 via openindiana-discuss <
openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:

> I don't know the email address of Peter Tribble so I post here hopefully
> he will see it.
>
> Just tried your OS on VirtualBox. It's amazing, a full desktop that's only
> 2GB in total. The OI's VM should be 4x than that.
>
> I installed the Pale Moon browser and I noticed you did build it with
> official branding.

The terms under which this is permitted are covered by the redistribution
license

http://www.palemoon.org/redist.shtml

If you can point to something that violates this (specifically Point 8)
then let me know and
I'll fix it to bring it into compliance.

> If you were granted by the Pale Moon developers to use their official
> branding, please dismiss the following part of this mail.
>
> If you weren't, you are in trouble. Please build Pale Moon with official
> branding off. Please have a look at this:
>
> https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=26065
>
> In short, remove these lines:
>
> # Please see https://www.palemoon.org/redist.shtml for restrictions when
> using the official branding.
> ac_add_options --enable-official-branding
> export MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1
>
> from the .mozconfig file describe here:
>
> https://developer.palemoon.org/build/sunos/
>
> and you will save yourself a lot of trouble.
>
> Sincere.
>

> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

-Peter Tribble