[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster 2020.10 text installer ISO Wow!!!!

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 2 16:49:01 UTC 2021

On Tue, Mar 02, 2021 at 03:37:23PM +0000, Reginald Beardsley via oi-dev wrote:
>    Thank you again. Very helpful. The Z400 will only support IDE mode.
>    ACHI+RAID is the other option which I think only works with Windows. I
>    know it will not work with Solaris and feel fairly certain it doesn't
>    work with Linux or *BSD either.

ACHI+RAID does work with Solaris and OI, but you have to do some
preparation first.  I know because I have done that with my Z400
and installed OI on it.  The instructions are here:

    https://superuser.com/questions/635829/how-do-i-install-solaris-on-a-fake-raid-a-k-a-ahciraid-sata-sas-controller/635830#635830