[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster 2020.10 text installer ISO Wow!!!!

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Wed Mar 3 03:04:06 UTC 2021

On Tue, Mar 02, 2021 at 09:42:45PM +0000, Reginald Beardsley wrote:
>     Does *not* work on my Z400 machine. I reset the BIOS to "AHCI+RAID"
>    and the 2020.10 GUI installer enters maintenance mode. prtconf -v won't
>    even run.

I wonder if you made the change too late in the boot process?  When
the loader is running, you can interrupt the automatic boot by
pressing the space bar.  Then, you can enter commands to the loader.
Selecting the single-user boot may be sufficient.  You may need to use
the text installer instead.  As well, you may need to enter the
fully-qualified path of prtconf, like this:

    /usr/sbin/prtconf -v | less

I know that it's complicated, but it's the only way to accomodate a
broken disk controller.  Also, you only have to do this once.  Most
systems do not have this problem.