[OpenIndiana-discuss] [oi-dev] Hipster 2020.10 text installer ISO Wow!!!!

cretin1997 cretin1997 at protonmail.com
Wed Mar 3 03:12:22 UTC 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 3:01 AM, Reginald Beardsley via openindiana-discuss <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:

> I tried that, but probably not at the appropriate time. I'd likely done the "dd if=/dev/zero..." already. I was annoyed and got out the big hammer. So by the time I tried it, it didn't matter. Also it was a FreeBSD "zroot" label.
>
> After I play with the AHCI stuff I may repeat the situation.
>
> Have Fun!
> Reg

Ahh, FreeBSD. Yeah, FreeBSD's zpool can't be cleared easily. I have suffered from this, too. zpool destroy alone doesn't work. If you fire up GParted on Linux, you will see a whole disk as a orangish ZFS file system, even though you have created a new GPT partition table and already partitioned the disk for another OS!

The only solution is dd if=/dev/zero, even though my disks are very fast SSD, this took very long time indeed. How time consuming!

BTW, anyone know how to stop the browser from automatically mess up my writings? It just replace/rearrange words randomly, rendered the whole thing as a mess! I think I will switch browser.