[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster 2020.10 text installer ISO Wow!!!!

cretin1997 cretin1997 at protonmail.com
Thu Mar 4 16:45:30 UTC 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Thursday, March 4, 2021 11:18 PM, Peter Tribble <peter.tribble at gmail.com> wrote:

> Both OmniOS and Tribblix don't have this failure mode as they don't have the
> split boot. We just get the bootloader to slurp the entire OS into memory.
> It's
> the sort of trick that isn't really practical for the GUI boot, though.

Uhm, SquashFS anyone? We are a desktop system so we should use a desktop technology. Why don't change for the superior and proved solution? And as I saw they even used SquashFS for cli only Linux without any problems. Or it's NIH syndrome? Or just hate Linux? Or we must adhere to the tradition of OpenSolaris and not allowed to change anything? Otherwise we will become less Solarish! Isn't it?

BTW, you didn't answered me about how to do full screen with Tribblix on VirtualBox, Peter. Looking forward to you.