[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster 2020.10 text installer ISO Wow!!!!

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 17:03:21 UTC 2021

 My God! I've been pushing the bounds of what I consider acceptable for a week! I feel rather uncomfortable about making so much noise.

However, from time to time I will resort to metaphorical swat on the head with a big stick when I judge it to be tactically or strategically appropriate. It tends to make people not like me, so I try not to do it too often, but sometimes I judge it appropriate. Others often don't.

What is the alternative to a "rolling release"? I don't want to be running beta software. I have a machine for testing beta software, but I want to have a stable system for doing work.

If the only bootable medium available is the DVD, then getting anything must mean the system is reading the DVD. It may well transition at some point to not being able to read from the DVD, but it is how I got to the booloader. Otherwise it emits a "No bootable device" message.

Reg