[OpenIndiana-discuss] nvidia problem

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Fri Mar 5 11:03:46 UTC 2021

On 03/05/21 11:48 AM, Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> Finally I added a more recent version of the
> driver to the system but now the system fails
> to start because it dumps core. Probably this
> is related to the problem reported in this list
> yesterday. So I have to wait and see when a
> functional lightdm will be available.
>
> A.S.

Hello!

Maybe you have an older Boot Environment to switch to in the boot menu,
to get lightdm back. (?)

And you can test your driver without lightdm:

# svcadm disable lightdm
# startx

and look at the output and in /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Greetings,
Stephan