[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problems after updating to latest Hipster - fmadm

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 12:20:46 UTC 2021

Hi

After following John's advice, booted to single user mode, disabled
Lightdm and then entered multi-user state everything was fine.
I ran fmadm faulty and there was nothing recent, there was a reference
to an old graphics card but not the current one.

Looking in /var/adm/messages there is a reference to

Mar  5 10:51:26 tesla savecore: [ID 570001 auth.error] reboot after
panic: pcieb-2: PCI(-X) Express Fatal Error. (0x41)

This I believe is a software issue as I can boot from Linux Mint 19.3,
20 and 20.1 livecd without any issues.

Regards

Russell