[OpenIndiana-discuss] Firefox68esr for testing

Joshua M. Clulow josh at sysmgr.org
Tue Mar 16 23:53:21 UTC 2021

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 at 14:57, Stephan Althaus
<Stephan.Althaus at duedinghausen.eu> wrote:
> By the way - what does "set _userlimit=0x7fffc0000000" actually do - and
> what does the limit mean to me as the user ??

It sets the maximum virtual memory address we will use when giving
processes memory.  Setting the user limit there makes the system
behave a bit more like Linux, and is probably unlikely to have a
practical impact on your software: it still equates to ~128TB of
address space for each 64-bit process.

Cheers.

--
Joshua M. Clulow