[OpenIndiana-discuss] Firefox68esr for testing

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed Mar 17 00:40:04 UTC 2021

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021, Stephan Althaus wrote:

> By the way - what does "set _userlimit=0x7fffc0000000" actually do - and what
> does the limit mean to me as the user ??

Apparently the JavaScript implementation is storing private data in
the high bits of 64-bit pointers.  This works "fine" for Linux but
Solaris did not follow the same rules.  The "set
_userlimit=0x7fffc0000000" contrains the address space allowed for
processes in order to not interfere with the JavaScript
implementation's private data.

Just repeating what I saw elsewhere. :-)

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
Public Key,     http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/public-key.txt