[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problems after updating to latest Hipster - OI-packaged Nvidia versions

Lou Picciano LouPicciano at comcast.net
Fri Mar 19 14:28:16 UTC 2021

Think this should be a new thread - I’ve been using our own OI-packaged NVIDIA drivers (not any Solaris-packaged versions, discussed elsewhere)

Thought I might do some testing of latest NVIDIA driver - to perhaps help with the body of testing data…

Since the last several updates to OI, I’ve also been seeing the kernel dump at the (forced) reboot. In fact the system will no longer $ pfexec reboot cleanly.
(Topic for a different thread?)

This system has thus far survived all iterations, starting with 134a. So really at this point I’m trying to man the final rampart…

Update to latest Hipster: $ uname -v
illumos-b2761fb273

Am currently running nvidia-390, which is working fine overall. Wanted to see if we had any issues with nvidia-460. Cannot install it directly - for conflicts - so have tried to remove 390 first. Obviously a few things I don’t know here:

The following packages all deliver file actions to <various>:

  pkg://openindiana.org/driver/graphics/nvidia-460@0.460.56,5.11-2020.0.1.0:20210312T154637Z
  pkg://openindiana.org/driver/graphics/nvidia-390@0.390.141,5.11-2020.0.1.0:20210311T151457Z

Where to start? Diligently digging through the archive - I wish our archives were better searchable. (Is this an orphaned task waiting in the wings for a parent? (me?) )

Regards to All, and thanks to those of you soldiering on, putting in a lot of work lately.

Hope all are doing well in these surreal times…

Lou