[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problems after updating to latest Hipster - OI-packaged Nvidia versions

Lou Picciano LouPicciano at comcast.net
Fri Mar 19 21:48:54 UTC 2021

Thanks John - and Stephan - for your help with this. Do now have 460 installed, running.

A key bit was that I had not know to uninstall the ’nvidia’ pkg itself. In any case, your beadm-mount-to-tmp approach got me there.

Other things now going on - including the persistent deadman timeout and kernel dump at any reboot or state change command - whether reboot or init 6

Will post to NVIDIA thread - though I don’t know that NVIDIA drivers are even related.

Lou