[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fresh install of OpenIndiana - can not upgrade nvidia from nvidia-390 to nvidia-460

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Tue Mar 23 12:03:48 UTC 2021

On 03/19/21 09:07 PM, John D Groenveld wrote:

> Try
> # beadm create nvidia-460
> # beadm mount nvidia-460 /tmp/nvidia-460
> # pkg -R /tmp/nvidia-460 uninstall xorg-video nvidia nvidia-390
> # pkg -R /tmp/nvidia-460 install nvidia-460
> # beadm activate nvidia-460
> # init 6
>
> John
> groenveld at acm.org
>
> _

Hello!

Thanks to John to point out this possibility of changing the nvidia
driver version and avoid intermediate reboots.