[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fresh install of OpenIndiana - can not upgrade nvidia from nvidia-390 to nvidia-460 - update

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Tue Mar 23 14:55:46 UTC 2021

Hi

My dual opteron motherboard finally died, so I had to build a new
workstation based on a Ryzen 5 5600X.
Futher to my previous post

1) When performing a pkg install/update the create plan can take a very, very long time compared to the Dual Opteron 2435 workstation.
    Things that took seconds or worse a few minutes can now take hours...(literally being left over night - this was on the system console no gui)
    Having ssh'ed to the workstation and attempted the pkg update via a terminal, the performance is similar to the old Dual Opteron 2435

  2) When I attempted to replace the Nvidia-390 driver with the Nvidia-460 driver, by removing the Nvidia-390 driver it has a dependency on nvidia
     pkg, attempting to remove nvidia pkg results in a warning that the mate install depends on pkg nvidia.

How can upgrade to the Nvidia-460 driver?

Regards

Russell