[OpenIndiana-discuss] Replacing Solaris 10 u8

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Wed Mar 24 09:23:43 UTC 2021

On 24.03.21 09:08, Toomas Soome via openindiana-discuss wrote:

>> On 24. Mar 2021, at 02:50, Reginald Beardsley via openindiana-discuss <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:
>>
>> My Solaris 10 u8 instance is rather dated.  I'd like to update it, but there are some absolute requirements:
>>
>> Sun/Forte/Oracle Developer Studio
>
> If that is required, then the only option are solaris 11.4, oracle linux 6 & 7, redhat 6 & 7.

SunStudio 12.1u1 can still be transported from one instance of OI to
another if you still have the installation packages or rsync the
/opt/SUNWspro directory and set the links into /usr/bin etc. by
hand. We have it running on an 2018.10 Hipster x86. Don't know if
the same applies to Sparc, but I suspect that it will work, too.

Versions later that 12.1u1 have strict license restrictions, and
since 12.4 it's binary incompatible and only available via the
pkg repositories (for which you need service contracts).