[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fresh install of OpenIndiana - can not upgrade nvidia from nvidia-390 to nvidia-460

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 10:24:06 UTC 2021

Hi Stephen

Thanks for the feedback, now I have a working GUI on my new workstation.
By tweaking the /etc/driver_aliases to add line below my Nvidia Geforce
GTX1650 OC card is working perfectly, there is a delay while the display
starts but no reboots

   nvidia "pci10de,1f82"

Now that the motherboard has failed, the problem I reported was probably
due to a failing motherboard

When my workstation failed, in order to get a working system I had a
limited choice of parts to build from.
If anyone wants to build a compatible OpenIndiana compatible the MSI MPG
B550 Gaming Plus, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, Gigabyte Geforce GTX1650 OC,
Fractal Design XL R2 case

Many thanks

Russell