[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to mount usb devices?

irixuzer irixuzer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 03:38:33 UTC 2021

Hi
I'm new to the list. Ive been trying to mount usb devices. After the first
time, which was successful, I've been getting the following:

$ sudo rmformat -l
6. Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c8t0d0p0
        Physical Node: /pci at 0,0/pci1028,617 at 14/storage at 5/disk at 0,0
        Connected Device: SanDisk  Cruzer Glide     1.27
        Device Type: Removable
        Bus: USB
        Size: 29.8 GB
        Label: <Unknown>
        Access permissions: Medium is not write protected.

$ sudo mount -F pcfs /dev/rdsk/c8t0d0p0:c /mnt
mount: Block device required

Is there some other name for the device I'm unaware of?  I've looked at the
man page for mount but still pretty clueless. Is there another name for the
device? How do I find it?
Thanks,
Matt