[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to mount usb devices?

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Mon Mar 29 11:19:28 UTC 2021

On 03/29/21 12:53 PM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:

>> Do you have the /etc/logindevperm file with the entries listed above ?
>> /dev/vt/7 is owned by you, and /dev/vt/console_user is linking to that,
>> so those entries should work. These are used by the login process, or
>> gdm. If you use lightdm, I'm not shure if that supports logindevperm
>> (somewhere the "light" has its origin ...).
>>

> It could also be that this depends on this gdm setting:
>
> # cat /etc/gdm/custom.conf
>
> [security]
> CheckDirOwner=false
>
> You have to logout and restart gdm (svcadm restart gdm)  to have this
> activated

Yes, i am using lightdm as this is the default.

The gdm package seems to be empty nowadays (?)

# pkg install pkg:/system/display-manager/gdm
Password:
No updates necessary for this image.

steven at fuji:~# pkg info pkg:/system/display-manager/gdm
Password:
pkg: info: no packages matching the following patterns you specified are
installed on the system.  Try querying remotely instead:

         pkg:/system/display-manager/gdm

steven at fuji:~# pkg contents -r pkg:/system/display-manager/gdm
pkg: This package delivers no filesystem content, but may contain
metadata. Use
the -o option to specify fields other than 'path', or use the -m option
to show
the raw package manifests.

steven at fuji:~# pkg contents -r -m pkg:/system/display-manager/gdm
set name=pkg.fmri
value=pkg://openindiana.org/system/display-manager/gdm@2.30.7,5.11-2017.0.0.9:20210325T184240Z
set name=pkg.obsolete value=true
set name=org.opensolaris.consolidation value=userland